Tuesday, November 29, 2016

More from: "the out-of-order file"...

Buying things out of order, that is...


So, I bought some used flat-top pistons (199's had flat-tops) and a set of spindles.
The flat-tops will get cleaned up and stored for later. If I can't use them for some reason, I have next to nothing invested (shipping was as much as the parts). I'm hoping I can use them to get the CR up around 10:1 from the stock 8.5:1 (?)... I think I've settled on some engine basics: Isky 270 LH cam, early AMC/Jeep 4.0 head swap, fabricated intake, Edelbrock 1804 500 cfm carb, Mopar HD valve springs, aftermarket 6 into 2 header with "H" pipe and dual exhaust, MSD ignition, gasket-match the head to the intake and headers... I reserve the right to change my mind (again)...

The spindles will be used to create the templates for the lowering plates and the Ford caliper bracket locators. If it turns out that the spindles on the car now aren't as nice as the ones I bought, I'll use my old ones for spares or maybe build an entire disc brake conversion as a back-up set. 
No automatic alt text available.

If the disc swap works as planned, having a spare set wouldn't be expensive and could be sold for profit if the money is needed more than spare brakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment