Tuesday, August 16, 2016

New chairs...!

OK... so when I was still just thinking about a project car, I had a PLAN. Everything was going to get done in a logical order. Nice and clean... the leg bone is connected to the thigh bone... right!
Plans are over-rated...! OK, there is no more plan. My plan was hugely flawed... and besides, "life is what happens while we're busy making plans" anyway. So why scrap the "plan"? Well, for starters, stuff becomes available out of order. Second, needed stuff isn't available when we need/want it... and so it goes. A lesson hard-learned courtesy of the folks at ADDCO. (sorry to keep harping on that)
Anywho... after the swaybar fiasco, I had some cash in my Paypal account. Since money burns a hole in whatever pocket it happens to be in, I decided to buy some replacement seats and crap-can the old factory units (which are nasty). The aftermarket seats aren't Recaro's by any means, but they look decent enough...

These are "universal" fit seats, which means they don't actually fit anything. Hopefully, the AMC frames and mounting holes can be combined with the universal frame kit without too much dicking around. I'm not really at the "install new seats" phase of the project, but the availability coincided with the cash on-hand. I'll post some pics of the old seats/removal/install when I get there. Believe me, these will be an improvement...



No comments:

Post a Comment